Welcome to Wilson Manor, one of the few original ''Country Homes'' remaining in Louisville. When the current owners purchased the property it had been in the same family for 69 years and was in need of renovation. The restoration has been meticulous, with the ultimate goal of bringing the home to modern standards while preserving original floorplan and features. All 3 floors have been totally renovated. Garage was added (wired for electric vehicle charging station), 3 new HVAC systems replaced patchwork boiler/heat pump/window unit system (total of 5 HVAC systems). First floor has large central hallway, with banquet-size dining room, kitchen, butler's pantry, and bath to one side -- and parlor/living room and conservatory to other side. Grand staircase (with original stained-glass windows which were clearly inspired by the geometrically patterned Prairie style art glass of Frank Lloyd Wright). On one side of second floor is primary suite: Bedroom with fireplace (don't know if works), office or dressing room with balcony access, and bath. Other side of this floor has 2 huge bedrooms and Jack 'n Jill bath. Kitchen and baths have all new fixtures. Laundries on 1st and 2nd floors. The home was built in 1905 by hearing-aid inventor David Hunter Wilson in what was then the new Douglass Neighborhood; Judge Robert Worth Bingham lived across Millvale from the Wilson home. House is situated on nearly one acre, and was designed in early Prairie Style, with stone exterior on first floor, and wood shake shingles on upper floors. Basement is unfinished, and has large 3-tub sink - perfect for a dog wash! House is on the National Register of Historic Homes. See additional notes on history under Documents tab.
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX 100.